Monday, July 14, 2008

The Gift Card Holders

The plight of the gift card holders gives me the most pain. While in operation, we took great pride in addressing each and every customer issue and doing our best to make things right and give the customers a truly great experience. So having all our gift card holders left hanging was, is and always will be very, very disappointing. I wish things could have been different.

On a slightly brighter note, a card holder is actually treat as an unsecured creditor. So once the trustee has worked through the process there is a chance you might get some money back. As far as I know to date you have only received a notice of bankruptcy and not a claim form.

In truth, I have no idea if there will be a payout or if it will be in any way meaningful. There are simply too many unknowns and I am no longer in the loop.

I will do my best to keep abreast of the situation and publish any more news here regarding the claim form and how the trustee decides to handle the situation.

No comments: